"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th." - Julie Andrews
1. Walk to school! If time allows, go for a 'first thing in the morning' walk with the kids to school.
2. Check out physical participation video games. Play as a family, make times to compete against each other.
3. Build Strong bones, with games such as hopscotch, jumping rope, volleyball; any weight bearing activity which is one you stand up to do.
4. Take a walking tour of the park, stop an play Frisbee.
5. Turn Birthdays into an activity adventure. Visit the zoo, get everyone bikes for family bike rides.
6. Get to the playground. You're never to old to have fun, swing on the bars, play tug of war.
7. Take a class as a family. Yoga, martial arts or even dancing.
8. Plant a garden. You get a brisk exercise digging, planting and weeding.
9. Walk the dog. Include even the family dog.
10. Follow your children's lead. If they show an interest in an activity, join in and show interest.
Exercise doesn't have to be weight lifting and calisthenics. Make exercise fun and you will be better at sticking with it.
Congratulations to our Junior High Volleyball Team! They had a bye in the first round, then took on Bunker and won! Then they moved on to the Championship game vs. Clearwater. Our ladies won in two sets! They finished their season with a record of 14-1-1. Way to go ladies!
Front row L-R: Allie Harrison, Shelby Crocker, Macie Barton
Back row L-R: Coach Betsy Middleton, Andrea Helenschmidt, Hannah Steward, Dazy Lee, Jadyn Fitzgerald
Page 1 of 10
Students @ Home
33415 Hwy. 21P. O. Box 120Lesterville, MO 63654
Main Campus Numbers:
Main: (573) 637-2201Main Fax: (573) 637-2279
Phone 573-269-4207Fax 573-269-4277
525 CR 816P O Box 127Black, MO 63625